If you have any trouble please contact us and we will try to assist you.
- Most links under About Animals and Find Animals allow you to browse animals.
- To browse animals by Type, Characteristics or Habitat:
Click a picture to select a type or habitat.
- To browse animals by Continent:
Click a continent on the map or a continent name.
- To browse animals by Diet, click
- To browse animals by Status, click
- To browse animals by scientific phylum or class:
Click the phylum or class name.
- To browse animals alphabetically using the A to Z List:
- Click the letter the animal's name starts with, for example L for leopard.
- Click on the animal's common name.
- You may need to look under different categories for the animal's name.
- For example, if you look for wolf, you can find Aardwolf, Common Wolf, Mexican Wolf, Timber Wolf, and Wolf Spider.
- To view the entire list, click ALL.
- To search the entire list for a common name or word (e.g. cat or tail):
- Type the name in the search box and click Go.
- To search for a genus species or sort by genus species:
- Click Search under Find Animals in the left column of any page.
- To search for animals by Keyword, Common Name, Identifier,
or Scientific Name (Order, Family or Genus Species) fields:
Type in a search term in the text box and click Go.
- To search for animals by Diet, Continent, Habitat, Status, Phylum or Class fields:
Select a search term from the pull-down menu and click Go.
- Field definitions are listed to the right.
Examples of search terms are in parentheses.
Viewing Search Results (for Browse and Basic Search)
- Search results appear on a new page.
- The bottom of the page indicates whether there are more pages of search results.
- Click Next or Prev to see the next or previous page of results.
- Click a page number to see a different page of results.
- Click ≥ or ≤ to skip forward or back by 10 pages.
- Click a thumbnail image to see an enlarged photo.
- Scroll down to read detailed information about the photo.
- Click on any hyperlinked keyword to find more photos with that keyword.
- Click Search, and then click Primo’s Advanced Search.
- For most searches, use the All Fields search box. For example,
- Click in the search box next to All Fields, and type dog.
- Click the Search button. You will find all photos with dog in any of the fields.
- You can combine multiple search terms in one box to narrow the search. For example, a search for bush dogwill find animals with both bush and dog in any of the fields.
- To search for an exact phrase, use double quotes. For example, "bush dog" will find only animals with "bush dog" in any field.
- To limit the search to one or more fields, select fields from the drop-down menus and type search terms in the boxes next to them. For example:
- Type pig in the title field.
- Type leopard in the subject field.
- Click the Search button. You will find photos about leopards with pig in the title.
- Click a title or image in the search results and click the Description tab to see more information about it.
- Click the URL field to see an enlarged photo.